Thursday, September 24, 2015

Locally Grown Food in Asheville

The image I chose to represent food in Asheville is a picture of the vegetable section at a supermarket where everything is locally grown and organic. I chose this picture because locally grown food is very popular in Asheville and is very important to many residents of Asheville. A lot of people in Asheville like to know where their food comes from and they would rather support a local farm than a large-scale food company.
Before I moved here, locally grown food wasn't very important to me. I had always figured that all vegetables and fruits tasted the same regardless of where they were grown. It wasn't until I went to Farm Burger downtown that I realized how much of a difference there is between the taste of locally grown food and food not grown locally.

No comments:

Post a Comment